Views
Helpful
Replies

How to obtain an updated Device Profile List xml file

Michele Casci
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to update the Device profile List used by the WLC to categorize WiFi devices.

I found in documentation how to upload the file to the controller,but where can I get a newer xml file?

Thanks.

8 Replies 8

You can download the New XML file by using the below steps and please through the below given link for more information .

Complete these steps:

Step 1 From the WLC main menu, go to Commands > Download File.

Step 2 From the File Type drop-down list, choose Device Profile.

Step 3 From the Transfer Mode drop-down list, choose TFTP or FTP.

Step 4 Provide the appropriate information under Server Details and then click Download.

Here you go : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7-5/NativeProfiling75.html

Thank you for your answer.

Where can I find a newer profiler_policies.xml file, or how can I edit the existing one?

sobhardw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Similar to the Identity Service Engine performing device profiling, this feature functionality is also available on the WLC release 7.5 and above. Prior to WLC release 7.5, device profiling was only available on the Identity Services Engine. This profiling engine is now available natively on the WLC, making it possible to identify end devices on the network by HTTP and DHCP. Effectively, the profiles of end devices can be shared directly with ISE during RADIUS authentication, without adding constraints such as creating additional SPAN traffic to ISE.

For information about this feature, refer to the Wireless Device Profiling guide based on release 7.5: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7.5/NativeProfiling75.html

Thank you for this document.

In particular I refer to this step: www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7-5/NativeProfiling75.html#pgfId-54197

Where can I find a newer profiler_policies.xml file, or how can I edit the existing one?

You can't edit it and you get that from Cisco ISE by exporting it. If you use the oui then that is all you need. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you Scott,

I'd like to change the way the MAC OUI's are grouped into Device categories, because some devices are not well categorized.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You mean the OUI?  

1.  Download the latest OUI list from HERE

2.  On your WLC, go to Commands, Download File and in the drop-down menu, select "OUI Update". 

3.  Enter the relevant details:  Location of the sub-folder where the OUI file is located, IP Address of the TFTP/FTP server. 

4.  Click download.  

5.  This may require a controller reboot.  

NOTE:  While you're already here, why don't you take a few more minutes and download the latest NBAR2 Protocol Pack for AVC?  Latest Protocol Pack (version 12.0.0.0) can be found HERE and the Release Notes can be found HERE.  Loading this is the same as above except with #2 you choose the option "Protocol Pack" and a controller reboot is NOT required.

Thank you Leo, but I refer to the "profiler_policies.xml" at this step: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7-5/NativeProfiling75.html#pgfId-54197

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card