cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to operate CAPWAP AP under EWC

Minoru Ohkubo
Level 1
Level 1

1.CAPWAP AP cannot be recognized by C9120 with EWC installed after installing EWC, confirm with "show ap summary" and AP will show "0".

C9800-AP # show ap summary
Number of APs: 0

Is this due to not applying Smart Licensing?

2. How do you change the console operation from IOS-XE to CAPWAP AP?
 I think you can operate CAPWAP AP with "apciscoshell" command in MobilityExpress.

The AP consists of only one C9120. Is it necessary to prepare more than two APs by preparing a Switch etc.?

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The 91x0 AP’s do not run Mobility Express. They can be an EWC AP or join any AireOS running the correct code or 9800 Controller. Make sure you follow the guide on setting up the EWC AP. You should see that AP up when in the WebUI or on the cli. Part of seeing the AP is making sure you have defined the ap country code and all the tags.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you for your response.

I knew the C91XX AP would not work with Mobility express.
When the EWC AP was initialized and started, the confirmation method of the setting example was displayed, and the setting was performed as it was, but the built-in AP was not displayed in "show ap summary".
This was the same even if the device was initialized by pressing the hardware button.
Although it was present when confirmed by the "show arp" command, it was not displayed by "show ap summary" and the state where the built-in AP was not joined continued.
Why about this?

One thing also is that when I got this to work, I had to use dhcp for the management not a static. I ended up having to create a MAC address reservation for the ap.
-Scott

Let me just add to this. Licensing is bundled with the purchase of the AP. I currently am testing 9130’s also in EWC and I have two of them up and running on the latest code. Just follow the guide and you should be good to go. All the AP’s should also be in the same subnet and no other controllers (AireOS or ME) on that subnet.
-Scott

Thank you for your response.

Currently, I am planning to configure the C9120 as a single unit in the network.
C9120 One unit is trying to configure a wireless LAN network.
Currently, the above is not working properly and I am troubled.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card