Views
Helpful
Replies

How to upgrade MSE 3355 v8.0.130 to CMX 10.2

Koevi Vong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to upgrade an MSE 3355 running version 8.0.130 to CMX 10.2. I can't seem to find any documentation for the upgrade procedure, has anyone done this upgrade before?

Cisco software to download for the MSE 3355 is the CISCO_CMX-10.2.0-213-3355.iso but there are no upgrade instructions for this that I can find. I am assuming since it is an ISO, I will need to burn this onto a DVD and load it on the MSE 3355 DVD Drive and boot from DVD?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

K

19 Replies 19

This is the important steps. SSH in to CIMC IP, if the SOL is disabled, after typing connect host, it shows Cisco Serial over LAN (SOL) is disabled. Have to go to the steps 3 in below steps to enable it.

Step 1 SSH ip-address-of-cimc-l admin

Step 2 Login using the credentials of CIMC

Step 3 Once you are connected to CIMC through ssh, enter the following commands:

• # scope sol
  • Server /sol #set enabled yes
  • Server /sol *# set baud-rate 115200
  • Server /sol *# commit
  • Server /sol # show

Enabled Baud Rate(bps)
------- ---------------
yes 115200

Now you should be able to connect to SOL. You must perform the above steps only once.

Step 4 To connect to the serial console, enter the following command:

Server# connect host

Now you are on the serial console of the Cisco MSE 3365.

The best way is to get the ISO from TAC and use the CIMC interface to install the ISO. I have done this process to go from 10.x to 8.x and vice versa.  You basically would have the image on your laptop and while connected to the CIMC interface, you would just upload it to the appliance.

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello everybody:

I've had some issues when installing 10.3.x versions on MSE 3365. I've upgraded to the latest version 3.0(3a) and this solved the problem. 

Hi Rasika Nayanajith how are you?

Do you have or know some procedure that you can share me to migrate existing licenses from a MSE 8.0.110.0 to a new CMX 10.2.2.-340?

Best regards.

I have a customer with a 3355 appliance which is EOS and they would like to upgrade to the virtual CMX.  The question is, how do I quote this.  From what I understand the upgrade is free with a valid maintenance contract on the existing MSE software. They have 369 base licenses and 25 w/IPS.  Can I just go to the PUT and download CMX 10.x?  Will the AP license migrate over as part of the process? Is there anything that has to be purchased?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card