cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HP laptop with Vista 3502 and 1142

rudyfaber
Level 1
Level 1

I have some clients running Vista on an HP laptop with a b/g card that has issues connecting to a 3502.  I am able to connect but traffic does not pass.  I can with the same client connect to a 1142.  Both AP's are Lightweight and connected to the same controller.  Authentication is PEAP - WPA2.  Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1.  Are you using AP Groups?

2.  What firmware is your WLC running?

3.  Does the HP client get a valid IP address?

4.  What logs do you get when this happens?

tmschmitt
Level 1
Level 1

I just ran into the same issue and haven't found a solution.  The user can connect to 1131's and 1142's without a problem, but can't connect to any of our 3502's using WPA (802.1X).   The user is able to see the signal from the access point and even communicate through it when authenticating via Web-Auth, just not when using WPA 802.1X.

This happens regardless of which controller the access point is on (we have two).  Both controllers are running 7.0.116.0.  The laptop doesn't show up on the controller at all when attempting to connect on a 3502.

Hello Rudy, Terrance,

Sounds like it's time to capture a client debug when the device attempts to connect to the 3500 AP.

From the WLC CLI, capture the output:

debug client xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

(where xx:xx... is the wireless mac address for the client device). We can then take a look at why this connection is failing.

-Patrick Croak

Wireless TAC

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What drivers are the clients using? Sounds like the supplicant/driver is nit ling the packets from the AP when using encryption

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card