cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTP redirect? 2504 WLAN controller

tonypearce1
Level 3
Level 3

I have a 2504 and my goal is to automatically redirect a users home page when they connect to a certain internal website. Authentication isn't a real concern just now.

Is it possible to simply have a users home page redirected when they open their browser upon connecting to the SSID? All of the documents available have stated to use 802.1x / RADIUS or other fancy tools.

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only option is to use webauth. Under the webauth configuration, you have an entry in which you can enter a URL for redirection upon successful login. You can't to a redirect without using webauth.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

To add to Scott's comment....:

You could get fancy with like an auto-login page.... if you can make the HTML/Javascript submit the Accept button upon the page loading, then it would basically be an auto-redirect without requiring the manual user to click any buttons...

For the record:  This still requires the user to open a web browser and request HTTP  before they'd ever have network access.....  

Well I suppose you could get fancy and have a pre-auth ACL that allowed everything but port 80.... but I doubt that would ever fly as a good solution.   Then again, if you're making a customer webauth page to auto-accept the page  so that a user can be redirected, I guess its already an outside the box solution.....

Thanks all, I'll give it a go. I won't be hacking about with Java, I'll just use what is available.

Thank you for your advice!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card