cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Import 5508 Controller Config from NME-AIR-WLC25?

muranskycotech
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

For 3 years now, I've been using an NME-AIR-WLC25 controller with an ever-increasing number of AP's (reaching the 25 limit a few months ago). As part of a new construction project, I'm adding 5 more AP's onto my network. As a result, I purchased a 5508 controller with a 50AP license to get me started.

My question is simple-- is it possible to import the WLC25's configuration to the 5508? I have a feeling the answer is no, but I figure it can't hurt to ask, and if I'm lucky it will save me quite a bit of time configuring this new controller.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what version of code are you running?  If you are 7.0, then you can do it as the config is a text file.  Just need to edit the IP address  if you are going to have them 'live' at the same time.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what version of code are you running?  If you are 7.0, then you can do it as the config is a text file.  Just need to edit the IP address  if you are going to have them 'live' at the same time.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Yes, I'm running 7.0.116.0 on the WLC25 today, so that sounds promising.

I've already downloaded the config file from the WLC25, and I did notice it looked pretty basic command-line, so I was certainly hoping that to be the case.

If the 5508 firmware is newer (I haven't even unboxed it yet), do you expect I'd run into trouble importing the old config, or should I version match first, import, then upgrade to latest?

Any other gotchas I should look out for in doing this?

you should be ok with loading it, but personally I would load 7.0.116.0 on the 5508, just to be safe

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Thank you! This has been very helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card