Helpful
Replies

increase Bandwith AP1815i cisco

Dhikra Marghli
Level 5
Level 5

Hello

I have controller moblity express 1815i

1) If i want to increase Bandwith for AP1815i Cisco , how I can  do that?

2) does it make sense if i change pool address ip from VLAN 30 with 10.2.30.0/24 to VLAN1 with 192.168.0.0/24 , allows increase Bandwith ???

I wait answer for Two questions !!!

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Your throughput depends on the capabilities of your client devices. Changing dhcp pools, vlans, etc. has nothing to do with throughput. Basically on 5ghz, you can increase the channel width to 40mhz for example which will help increase throughput. 2.4 ghz is mandatory 20mhz so you can’t increase throughput. Like I mentioned earlier, it depends on your client devices and what it supports. 802.11n or 802.11ac, 2.4ghz only or dual band. Don’t expect double or triple what you are seeing now unless your configuration is wrong. Test with an open ssid and see how your throughput is.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Your throughput depends on the capabilities of your client devices. Changing dhcp pools, vlans, etc. has nothing to do with throughput. Basically on 5ghz, you can increase the channel width to 40mhz for example which will help increase throughput. 2.4 ghz is mandatory 20mhz so you can’t increase throughput. Like I mentioned earlier, it depends on your client devices and what it supports. 802.11n or 802.11ac, 2.4ghz only or dual band. Don’t expect double or triple what you are seeing now unless your configuration is wrong. Test with an open ssid and see how your throughput is.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Ok thanks i try and i tell you if all is good 

thanks in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card