Views
Helpful
Replies

Individual AP SNMP monitoring

danilo.padula
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need help to understand how snmp monitoring works when we have WLC in the networking.

Before the WLC 5508 instalation, we had the Nagios monitoring each Access Point in the networking. Today, the Nagios still monitoring the networking, but the Nagios cannot get the same information of the APs (CPU, status interface, memory, etc).

Now, the WLC controls each AP, the IP address, netmask, community (of all AP) are the same before the WLC instalation. I have tried to configure the SNMP information in Management>>SNMP>>Communities, but these configuration are from WLC and not from each AP.

How can I configure the SNMP setting in my AP to still use the Nagios to monitoring the networking?

Regards,

Padula

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't snmp to APs in a WLC deployment. The WLC has a MIB that normally contains all the infos about all the APs, so you have to go through the WLC to get them.

The MIB is Airespace and is documented on Cisco MIB Browser

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't snmp to APs in a WLC deployment. The WLC has a MIB that normally contains all the infos about all the APs, so you have to go through the WLC to get them.

The MIB is Airespace and is documented on Cisco MIB Browser

gohussai
Level 4
Level 4

As far as Nagios is concerned I think it should do the Monitoring of AP  (CPU, status interface, memory, etc) also as being open source there must be specific parameters you have to set.

But for WLC configuration in getting the same result you required ,check the document below.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_0111.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card