cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrated Wireless Access Point - 1941 Router

Dan Man
Level 1
Level 1

Can an integrated AP, in a 1941 router be used as a CAPWAP AP and be managed through a 5508 controller?  If so, is there any documentation to show the process of configuring this AP in that way?  Thanks for any help!                  

5 Replies 5

Jacob Snyder
Level 5
Level 5

So these are considered embedded AP. You can search for how to configure AP802.

I believe this link should get you most of the way there
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.4/configuration/guides/lwap/config_lwap_chapter_0110.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thank you for your reply!  I did follow the instructions from the link.  I've turned on debugging, and see that the AP cannot contact the controller.  I do have both capwap and lwap in my DNS tables.  I can ping the controllers from the router itself, but not the AP.  I've assigned a static IP to the Gi0 interface, and hard-coded a controller address, but for some reason it still cannot connect to the controller, or anything else for that matter.  Looks like IP routing isn't turned on, but not sure why it would need to be on, when the router has all the IP routing.  Thanks again!

Can you please post the following command output:

1.  WLC:  sh sysinfo;

2.  WLC:  sh time;

3.  AP:  sh version;

4.  AP:  sh ip interface brief; and

5.  AP:  sh inventory

Jacob Snyder
Level 5
Level 5

My guess is that there is an issue between the 1941 and the interface going to the AP module. Can you check the link to the AP module and make sure you can ping the AL from the router and the AP can ping its default gateway?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would also post your interfaces on your router. This way we can see how you have the various interfaces set and see if its set properly. You can also session into the ap itself and reload the AP. I would post the show version and from the ap session ping the router.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card