cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Invalid mask for the entered IP - 140AC Access Point ACL

EvanC75
Level 1
Level 1

I am running into a very strange issue.  Trying to setup and ACL rule under Advanced > Security Settings on the 140AC web interface.  For some reason it will not accept the mask for the IP I entered.  I don't see the problem.  Did I miss something or is this a bug?  I am running the latest firmware on the AP.

I attached screenshot showing the issue.  I tried different IP ranges, class A and class C.  It rejects every subnet I specify, even 255.255.255.0 for IP 192.168.1.2.  So that is not network or broadcast.

Regards.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok so after talking with TAC, we determined it is a bug in the firmware.  So ACLs don't work for what I was trying to achieve after support tried multiple optionss.

Regards.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Only guessing here (never used the product) but did you try 192.168.1.0 and 255.255.255.0 ?
I can imagine a developer assuming the mask 0 octet should correspond to "subnet zero" portion of the IP.

Yeah I did that and it worked but I was trying to set it for an individual host. I figured out that in order to do that, the subnet has to be /32 or 255.255.255.255. However even with that the ACL doesn’t work. I was trying to restrict a host from accessing the web portal for the AP. Instead it blocked all https traffic from that host so no internet.
Regards.

Ok so after talking with TAC, we determined it is a bug in the firmware.  So ACLs don't work for what I was trying to achieve after support tried multiple optionss.

Regards.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card