cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ipads, Documents to Go, and LWAPP

gordons
Level 1
Level 1

We have several ipad users, and they want to use Documents to Go to sync files with their desktop.

I tested it over a small wlan with autonomous cisco AP's, and it worked.

I then tried it on our LWAPP corporate WLAN, and the devices do not see each other via Bounjour. 

Has anyone dealt with this before?

According to the folks that make Docs to Go, DataViz, there is a possibility I may need to enable Multicasting for this to work...

http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?DocID=14351&redirect=iphonepairing

Step 2 - Bonjour

Documents To Go relies on Bonjour to discover the device on the network. If Bonjour cannot find your device, there is no way to pair it with the Desktop application.  There are typically 2 reasons why Bonjour cannot discover the device on the network: 

1.  Bonjour is not enabled.  To ensure that Bonjour is enabled, open iTunes on your computer and follow these steps.

2.  Your wireless router does not support the "multicasting" feature.  Bonjour requires that your wireless router supports "multicasting.”  There are some wireless routers that do NOT support Multicasting.  Contact the manufacturer of your router to find out how to enable the multicasting feature if supported.

Any thoughts are appreciated,

Gordon

1 Reply 1

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bonjour uses multicast.. Please configure the enable Multicast globally on the WLC and see if that helps!!

WLC >> COntroller > Multicast >> Enable snooping and Global Multicast.

Lemme know if this helps and please dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card