cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is aaa-override is mandatory for ISE wireless authentication?

As per this document, https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/how-to-universal-wireless-controller-wlc-configuration-for-ise/ta-p/3631013 

wlan aaa-override enable is mentioned as mandatory.

Can anyone mention the use of it & help with the attributes to be mentioned in ISE authorization profile.

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ravi,

No its not mandatory.

it used only on when yu need to apply VLAN tagging, Quality of Service (QoS), and Access Control Lists (ACLs) to individual clients based on the returned RADIUS attributes from the AAA server.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ravi,

No its not mandatory.

it used only on when yu need to apply VLAN tagging, Quality of Service (QoS), and Access Control Lists (ACLs) to individual clients based on the returned RADIUS attributes from the AAA server.

Regards

Hi Sandeep,

I am in plan of performing Posture via ISE in future, Hence i have done below configuration on authorization attribute. But haven't enabled aaa over-ride at the WLAN and not applied the Airespace ACL on the access points. But i haven't faced any issue now on authentication. Is it ok to keep this config or i need to enable aaa over-ride and apply acls on Access points. Please help me to get the appropriate config.

Authorization Access Type : ACCESS_ACCEPT

Airespace ACL Name: WiFi-Access

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

If you want to push ACL from ISE then yes you nedd to enable it otherwise  "WiFi-Access" will not apply to clients.

Best would be to create a test SSID with AAA Override and check if Clients getting ACL from ISE or not!!!!

Regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card