cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to create a RF Profile to disable 2.4 GHZ only

eagle05
Level 1
Level 1

Can you configure a RF Profile to disable 2.4 GHZ only on a 8540 WLC version 8.10.121.0?

I have configured a global setting to lower the 2.4 GHz radio to 5 but I'm finding that some area's I would like to disable the 2.4 GHz per radio AP group.

Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

To be clear under > ap group > RF profile if I only select NONE then it will disable the 2.4 GHz Radio and not take the global setting for it?

Thank you

View solution in original post

Found the answer on how to do this on per AP Group - you would use the radio policy setting found at the right side of the ssid blue pull down arrow. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi

You can turn the 2.4Ghz radio off or you can propagate the SSID in 5.0Ghz only. Both ways, 2.4Ghz frequency will be no longer available.

Hi,

To be clear under > ap group > RF profile if I only select NONE then it will disable the 2.4 GHz Radio and not take the global setting for it?

Thank you

Found the answer on how to do this on per AP Group - you would use the radio policy setting found at the right side of the ssid blue pull down arrow. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card