cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is "location appliance" needed to se location ?

hellbeach
Level 1
Level 1

Hello people

We just bought a "WLC 4402" and "WCS 4 with location" and I?m a bit confused: Do I need the "location appliance" to be able to see where the clients are on the map I import in WCS or is this possible without the "location appliance" ?

/Dan

3 Replies 3

claeysg
Level 1
Level 1

Without the location appliance, you can only do location on demand and for one client at the time. So, it's only possible to know where one client is within your building at the present time.

If you want to track simultaneously multiple clients and keep an history of the client location, then you need the location appliance. You will also see all the clients on the maps.

Rgds,

Gaetan

Ok, so you mean I can track one client at a time without the location appliance ? And by tracking I mean see where on the maps he is located, not only find out that he is connected to AP1.

How do I go about to track one specific client ?

In WCS, go to monitor > clients

Then look for the client that you want to locate. In the client details, you will find an option to locate in on the map.

NB: you need a WCS with location license

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: