cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is the DNAC Capable of custom reporting?

I'm trying to get a report of DFS events on my APs. Is there a way to create a custom report on the DNAC for this? I looked and did not see any way to customize the templates. Am I missing something or will it just not do this? DNAC Version 2.2.3.4

5 Replies 5

That´s one thing I think complicate about DNAC. To those used to use Cisco Prime reports, DNAC is lot limited. Although you can get those data using API, but then, you need to have code skill. 

On the Assurance page, you can get a lot of information but is not a report. 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

DNAC "reporting" is, literally, a cut-n-paste from Prime Infrastructure.  The only improvement the DNAC development team have done is a splash of paint but the functionality (or lack of) is exactly the same as PI and the same limitation to PI.  

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

The only thing I've found that is working for features been missed or with poor experience is to "Make a Wish" in the help button to send a report to developers. They have accepted some of my whishes for new versions to come.

If all of us make a wish to implement custom reporting... who knows.

I'm doing it again now!

@JPavonM wrote:

If all of us make a wish to implement custom reporting... who knows.

Only works if the person making the wish has a "sponsor" or a "champion" of the feature request.  Without one, it will get "lost".  

alirafaleiro
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco DNA Center is a central Management and Automation software, an application, that is used as a Controller for Cisco DNA. It is used as a management platform for both SD-Access, Intent-Based Networks, and existing traditional networks.

Look at the reports available in DNAC:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center-assurance/2-1-2/b_cisco_dna_assurance_2_1_2_ug/b_dnac_platform_ug_2_1_1_chapter_0110.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card