cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there 80&160 Mhz works on AP1142 and what the difference ?

Murad*
Level 1
Level 1

HI

when i read the datasheet of AP1142 i know there is just tow channel 20Mhz & 40Mhz , but when i check my WLC 2504 i found 80Ghz and 160Ghz and choice ( Best ) !!

i tried to change my channel to 80 and its work !!! so is AP1142 work on this channel really ?

firstly what the benefit of change the channel ?! and is there any difference in coverage distance when i increase or decrease the channel ?

and what the Working mechanism of ( Best ) choice ? 

Best Regards 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is hyperlocation used for location tracking. That does nothing for you. Like I mentioned, you design your AP placements to provide 100% coverage on the 5ghz so that you don’t have any gaps. The client device decides what AP to associate, when and where to roam. You really should not try to change values to force that as it can cause user experience issues. Proper design is the only way.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Your AP doesn’t support higher than 40mhz. The channel width is determined by the AP hardware support and then the support from the controller and code.
-Scott

thanks but if you know what the Working mechanism of ( Best ) choice ?

RRM makes a division based on variables to determine what channel width to use.
-Scott

So can i changed RSSI of 802.11a to short the coverage of 5ghz  , that's help me to reconnect with 2.4ghz automatically ? my RSSI now -100 , how advice me about that ?

That is hyperlocation used for location tracking. That does nothing for you. Like I mentioned, you design your AP placements to provide 100% coverage on the 5ghz so that you don’t have any gaps. The client device decides what AP to associate, when and where to roam. You really should not try to change values to force that as it can cause user experience issues. Proper design is the only way.
-Scott

thank you very much
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card