cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to set the WLAN ID number when pushing a WLAN template to a WLC?

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

I have some WLAN templates on Prime 2.1 and want to push them to a WLC and have them each have a specific WLAN ID.  Is there some way to do that?  When I have applied them to a WLC they take the first unused ID's.

Thanks, Seth

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

you want spacafic wlan ids for ssids or want to use them the unused ids one by one.

To apply spacafic wlan ids for ssids you can create a cli template on the WLC and push them to WLCs.

On the PI click on configure -- controller template launch pad cli -- general and create a template with the following commands:

(Cisco Controller) >config wlan create <WLAN id>  <name>  <ssid> 

(Cisco Controller) >config wlan create 5  test  test

Push the template to the concerned WLCs.

Regards,

kManas Pratap Singh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi,

you want spacafic wlan ids for ssids or want to use them the unused ids one by one.

To apply spacafic wlan ids for ssids you can create a cli template on the WLC and push them to WLCs.

On the PI click on configure -- controller template launch pad cli -- general and create a template with the following commands:

(Cisco Controller) >config wlan create <WLAN id>  <name>  <ssid> 

(Cisco Controller) >config wlan create 5  test  test

Push the template to the concerned WLCs.

Regards,

kManas Pratap Singh

Thank you for the reply.  Once I create the wlan via the cli template, can I then push down the template from Prime that would contain the rest of the configuration, such as QoS and security settings?  Would it then match the wlan name?

Seth

Hi,

I havent tested it but the settings (QOS) should  be pushed by the PI.

It should work, you can give it a try and let us know.

Regards,

Manas Pratap Singh

I was able to use the CLI to configured the WLAN ID and name that would match the PI template that I wanted to apply.  Then I pushed the template down to the WLC and it worked.

Thanks for the help.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card