Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue between Aironet 1100 and Intermec 750 Mobile Computer

limtohsoon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sir,

Did anyone experience connectivity issue between Cisco Aironet 1100 Series AP and Intermec 750 Mobile Computer handheld scanner?

I've implemented several Aironet 1100 in a hypermarket store. The users are using Intermec 750 scanners. The issue is, the scanner sometimes "hang", especially at the Receiving Bay. However, they are at close proximity (less than 10m) from the nearest AP at the Receiving Bay. The problem occurs even when the user is working at the same location, i.e. he does not roam from another location.

I've troubleshoot the problem and quite sure that the WLAN has no problem in terms of signal quality, coverage, noise level, etc. Is there any known inter-operability issue between Aironet 1100 and Intermec 750? If yes, please let me know how to work around.

Thank you.

B.Rgds,

Lim TS

4 Replies 4

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

Check out whether its associate as a repeater or a client change it to client .

Hi,

When I checked the association table on the AP, I noticed some of the Intermec scanners associate as a repeater (Device Type = ap1100-Rptr).

Is this a potential cause of the problem? If yes, why are the scanners associating as repeaters instead of clients? How to "force" the Intermec scanners to always associate as a client??

Another thing, the scanners are set to use power-save mode. I don't eliminate this as a possible cause. I'm planning to set some of the scanners to use Constantly Awake Mode (CAM) and monitor its effect.

Please advise.

Thank you.

B.Rgds,

Lim TS

I am having similar problems with intermec CV60 units. They all show up as a repeater or bridge while our intermec 2415 units do show up as clients. Have you found a way to switch them to associate as a client?

I've seen similar problems with USB wireless adaptors. Disabling Aironet extensions on the access point fixes that issue for me - so if you've got Aironet extensions enabled try disabling them.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card