Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with 1252AG - Refusing to upgrade to newer IOS

playstation3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I am having issue with one of 1252AG when trying to upgrade from 124-25d-JA1 to 152-2.JA1 with web GUI (IE 11 and Chrome) and TFTP while mode. However, none of them would not upgrade. But odd, second 1252AG did upgraded to 152-2.JA1 and work flawness. First 1252AG still refusing but acceptable with 124-25d.JA1 or lower. I am trying to figuring what going on and still suggesting with this. How can I fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unable to create temp dir "flash:/update

I know what this error message means.  Someone's already attempted to get this AP to join and download the firmware from the WLC but it was interrupted.

So when the OP tried to do it again, the "script" couldn't proceed because a subdirectory called "update" already exist.

Here's one of the fix:

Connect the AP to the power source (power brick or switch) but DO NOT CONNECT the switch to the WLC.  Log into the AP (username/password is "Cisco/Cisco").  In enable mode, issue the command "format flash:".  DO NOT REBOOT THE AP.  Once the format is complete, connect the switch to the WLC.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

I have already try with TFTP via MODE nothing of these would work as I told above. I gotta try to check with console for tomorrow.

When you are doing the upgrade via TFTP & mode button, get the console connected & see what's happening. If upgrade fails, it should tells you at what point it is geting failed.

Here is a step by step process involve & try it again & post the console output if it fails

http://mrncciew.com/2013/12/13/ap-conversion-using-mode-button/

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****s

I am still having problem with this exactly on terminal. I have no idea what wrong with this 1252AG... Is there another way to fix this?

Unable to create temp dir "flash:/update

I know what this error message means.  Someone's already attempted to get this AP to join and download the firmware from the WLC but it was interrupted.

So when the OP tried to do it again, the "script" couldn't proceed because a subdirectory called "update" already exist.

Here's one of the fix:

Connect the AP to the power source (power brick or switch) but DO NOT CONNECT the switch to the WLC.  Log into the AP (username/password is "Cisco/Cisco").  In enable mode, issue the command "format flash:".  DO NOT REBOOT THE AP.  Once the format is complete, connect the switch to the WLC.

How can I do this? It seem it gave me error: Invalid Input detected as ^ marker however, I enabled the enable mode.

Never mind. I figured it out and now it formating. 

I followed this instruction at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4.25d.JA/Configuration/guide/scg12.4.25d.JA-chap22-trouble.html#wp1048390

This help me to upgrade to 152-2.JA1. Right now it is up and running with 152-2.JA1. Thanks very much for help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: