Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Web Auth and Nokia Phones

I have a WLC 2106 with 4.2.96 code, on this wlc i have a ssid with web auth in the internal page but... if i connect with any device except a nokia phone the web page was displayed but with the nokia phone i dont know what happend but the web auth are bypass... any idea???

Thanks!!!

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well I never seen a device that bypasses the webauth page if it is required. You need to take a look at the client when associated or when it's not connected and see if AUTH is yes or no.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi scott, i just finish a lab where i try to recreate the scenario of my client but isnt the same WLC and version code my client have a 2106 with 4.2.96 and i try it with a 4402 with 4.2.61 and 4.2.99 the nearwest version of my client.... But yes if y shutdown the 3g on my nokia phone appers the web auth page but if y leave on the 3g bypass the web auth and go straight to the web... U Scott or anybody else know if the Nokia Phones prioritizes the 3g traffic over the wifi traffic although the phone appears to be connected to the wifi network???

Thanks!!!

Looks like you just found your answer.  I don't have a Nokia to test with, but if you have successfully associated to an SSID and can't access internal resources (if you associate to an internal ssid), then I would have to say that 3G is priority over the wifi.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Jajajajaja i suppose that i do... but i don't know if my client go to trust just in my words and demostration jajajaja... but i dont find anything on web or here on cisco to help me to support this

Regards!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: