Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with adding a new WLC 4402

bbhattacharya
Level 1
Level 1

We had a WLC 4402 with 25 Licenses. We have about 28 APs

There was another 4402 with 12 Licenses. I put it in the same mobility group and in the same VLAN as the previous WLC and turned it on.

Strangely, all the APs de-registered from the original WLC and only 12 of them registered with the new WLC

I turned off the new WLC but the APs will not register back with the old WLC

I had to reboot the old WLC and then 25 APs were registered back.

Is it possible to add the new WLC with 12 AP license and just have the excess 3 APs register with the new WLC.

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes under wireless select the ap and select high availability and add the IP address and name of the controller as primary.

Make sure your controller name is identical ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

George, i think you mean to say Mobility group name identical.

Also, enable AP fallback, so APs would fall back to primary when it come up. And configure High priority/critical APs as well this way you can avoid those 3 APs that are not critical when one of the WLC went down.

I was talking to ap high availability this is the controller name .. Mobility name is under mobility groups ..

:)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin