Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with provisioning a Cisco Universal AP

Hi all,

I am trying to provision a 3702 model Universal AP from Cisco and have followed the instructions in the following Cisco guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/ux-ap/guide/uxap-mobapp-g.html

However, whenever I try and connect to the Universal SSID via the Cisco Air Provision app v1.7.4 (Android) it says “Incorrect Password”.

This appears to be a common problem if you read the comments on the Google Play Store where the app has received 1.4 stars (you have to award an app a minimum of one star).

When I try and use the Apple app for Cisco Air Provision (rather than Android) it gets a bit further but still fails to login to the AP. Looking on the Google Play Store it appears that lots of people are having problems with the Android version of Cisco's app.

Does anyone out there have any tips? Cisco appear to have made a straightforward issue of ordering the correct AP for your regulatory domain into a real pain in the butt.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

ejlbarcelon
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Never used one, luckily. Honestly I suggest you open a TAC and get the AP replaced with a model for the correct region. Also open another TAC for the APP.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card