Views
Helpful
Replies

IW6300 internal switching bug?

norberto.padin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone!
Has anyone used the IW6300 and encountered the following bug?
In Flex mode, I have the SSID "alpha" mapped to VLAN 611, and in the internal switch of the IW6300 on port 2, I have the access VLAN 611 defined.
The first thing that one assumes, is that a WiFi user associated to SSID "alpha", should be able to communicate (at least with a ping) with the user wired to port 2 that is in the access VLAN 611, but the reality is that it will not be able to.
Now, let's use port 1 of the IW6300 switch in trunk mode and connect it to another L2 switch. If I connect a user on this second switch in access VLAN 611, now the WiFi user of SSID "alpha" will be able to connect (at least with a ping) with this wired user.
I ask, shouldn't the IW6300's integrated switch be able to make this connection between a wireless user and a wired user on the internal switch if at the end of the path they both share VLAN 611?
Experience tells me that this does not happen and that unless someone points out otherwise, this is a tremendous bug in the IW6300.

Regards,

Nor.

2 Replies 2

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you maybe have this blocked on the SSID (P2P blocking action)? I'm not sure if this would stop the communication with a directly attached wired client though, I don't have an IW6300 for testing.

norberto.padin
Level 1
Level 1

Confirmed, it is a bug in Marvel´s chipset. 
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvz92467

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card