cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

July2017: Cisco Preferred Wireless Site Survey Tool?

Ivaylo Georgiev
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is a question that gets asked fairly often but I don't think it has been asked this year yet  

We have used AirMagnet for some time and, although it is a good product, I have been a bit disappointed with the shrinking list of supported adapters and no SNR support for 802.11ac unless we use express bus adapters (which we can't).

Has anyone tried both AirMagnet and Ekahau over the past few months and be able to provide feedback as to how one compares versus the other? Any other good tools that you could recommend?

I have seen AirMagnet referenced in "older" Cisco papers - is that still Cisco's recommended tool?

1 Reply 1

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7

I use Ekahau and really like it, particularly as the developers are actively involved with the community and are open to development suggestions/discussion, e.g. Jussi:

https://twitter.com/JussiKiviniemi?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

think Cisco's recommended product is Ekahau now but I can't remember why I think that..!

Ric

Note: I am independent and am not being passed free goodies behind the scenes from Ekahau for this plug ;-).

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card