Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LAP can't register on WLC

WLC 5500 can't detect LAP1040 either in the same vlan or on different vlan . i attached the scenario and configuration on the file .

first i didn't make any configuration on LAP to make it match country code i configured in controller . i just setup the time  and condry code

on controller and no configuration on LAP .

output from controller

Debug CAPWAP event

ARP entry for 0:0.0.0 to the network processor. entry does not exist.

*Jun 17 13:57:09.869: %DTL-3-NPUARP_ADD_FAILED: dtl_arp.c:2280 Unable to add an ARP entry for 0:0.0.0 to the network processor. entry does not exist.

*Jun 17 13:21:48.709: %CAPWAP-3-DISC_INTF_ERR2: capwap_ac_sm.c:1525 Ignoring discovery request received on a wrong VLAN (230) on interface (1) from AP 4c:4e:35:b3:e2:a0

*Jun 17 13:21:48.707: %CAPWAP-3-DISC_INTF_ERR2: capwap_ac_sm.c:1525 Ignoring discovery request received on a wrong VLAN (230) on interface (1) from AP 4c:4e:35:b3:e2:a0

*Jun 17 13:21:38.466: %LWAPP-3-DISC_INTF_ERR2: spam_lrad.c:1555 Ignoring discovery request received on a wrong VLAN (230) on interface (1) in L3 LWAPP mode fromAP 4c:4e:35:b3:e2:a5

*Jun 17 13:21:38.464: %LWAPP-3-DISC_INTF_ERR2: spam_lrad.c:1555 Ignoring discovery request received on a wrong VLAN (230) on interface (1) in L3 LWAPP mode fromAP 4c:4e:35:b3:e2:a5

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well sonce the managment of the WLC is on vlan 30, I would put the AP's initially on vlan 30.  Then I would console intot the AP and post the output from when you powercycle the AP.  The AP needs and ip address and as long as the time and the country code is okay, the AP should join the WLC since it is in the same layer 2.  Once the AP joins, you can move AP1 to vlan 230 and then it will need to get a dhcp address and it will join the WLC because it already knows of the ip address of the WLC.  Post the output so we can see.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

mmangat
Level 1
Level 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please post the following output:

1.  WLC:  sh sysinfo;

2.  WLC:  sh time;

3.  AP:  sh version;

4.  AP:   sh inventory; and

5.  AP:  sh ip int brief

I found the problem , it was in the version of controller . LWAPP  1040 series support only version 7 amd later . Now , all access point is register and configure twoo ssid for each LWAP . i want to configure security wpa for user who access this LWAP , i already found in WLAN at layer2 security wpa but i can't found where i write the key ????? secound question How i make mac user filter for each ssid ?????

Here you go

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008084f13b.shtml

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

thanks for your fast reply but what about the WPA security from where i can write the KEY ?????

You need to follow this path:

WLAN's --> Click on WLAN you want to set as WPA --> Click Tab Security --> Layer 2 --> Select WPA+WPA2

in Key Management selec PSK.

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: