cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Latency Issue with BR350's

rick
Level 1
Level 1

Reoccuring problem with latency (avg. delay) on a set of BR350 wireless bridges.

Here's a breakdwn of the setup:

BR350 with a 12dbi Omni antenna on one end of the link

BR350 with a 19dbi grid dish on the other end

Every morning I run a link test on that link and most of the time the avg delay will be up around 100+ msec

typically the link runs closer to 20 msec

If I go into the radio hardware setup page on the BR350 with the 19dbi grid dish and change the Recieve and Transmit antennas from diversity or right whichever it is set at at the time to the other it will usually fix the delay problem

My BR350's are running 12.02T1 software

Any idea on what is happening to cause this or what can be done as a more permanent fix. Let me know if I need to provide more information.

2 Replies 2

pjsteines
Level 1
Level 1

Have you done an RF survey to determine if there are other radio's in the area? Using a Omni antenna can lead to greater interferance than the dish antenna. It appears from your list of equipment you have only 1 antenna at each location, which case you would not want to select diversity you would want to select Left/Right depending on the connector the antenna is pluged into.

Also have you checked your cabling? From your discription it doesn't sound like a bad cable but a lot of problems can occur, especially if it's been installed for some time, from corosion in the connectors.

The omni is being used to service several locations with one antenna. At the location with the dish there is another antenna plugged into that bridge it is aprox. 10 to 12 feet away from the 19dbi dish and pointed at a 90 from it. Its purpose is to relay signal to another location. I understand not wanting to select diversity versus left/right, but when I do that it temporarily clears up the problem. Thanks for the input, I should have added this information before too.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card