melisei
Level 1
Level 1

You're right! ;)

ME

markbd111
Level 1
Level 1

Oops, it didn't submit my message so I'll try again :)

Here goes:

We are using LEAP with a mixture of Apple and Cisco PC card clients. I have had a difficult time getting WPA to work on both together. So I implemented TKIP + WEP128 instead. Is it a safer alternative to just WEP128 or is it just WEP128?

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Mark

Ciphers TKIP + WEP128 means either TKIP or WEP128 is allowed. This is usually implemented when customer migrates from static WEP to WPA.

In your situtation, the wireless clients use TKIP if they can. If not, the wireless client use WEP128. It is good for migration. In long run, you should fix the WPA problem in long run.

Hi,

Would appreciate U can enlighten me on the setting for tkip + wep 128 Thanks

Regards

I am sorry that I do not understand your question. Can you elaborate please?

Hi,

I would like to conffigure to migrate the current Cisco LEAP with wep confiuration to Fast-eap. But i just found out I need wpa to be configured, How can i migrate all users from LEAP wep to eap- fast during this migration time,

Regarda

Are you using LEAP or LEAP+WPA now?

Both LEAP and EAP-FAST are 802.1x. WPA requires 802.1x. You can run LEAP, LEAP+WPA, EAP-FAST, and EAP-FAST+WPA. (i.e. you can run EAP-FAST alone or EAP-FAST+WPA) If you want to move from LEAP to EAP-FAST alone, you do not have to do anything on the AP. All you have to do is enable EAP-FAST on the ACS server. Then, re-configure all wireless clients to use EAP-FAST.

Of course, it makes sense if you migrate from LEAP to EAP-FAST+WPA. All you need to do is make WPA optional. Configure encryption as cyphers(WEP128+TKIP). Then, move all wireless client from LEAP to EAP-FAST+WPA. When move everyone to EAP-FAST+WPA. Change WPA as mandatory and encryption as cyphers(TKIP).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card