cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LED flash function to identify from AP in 9800 not available?

Ufuk 57
Level 1
Level 1

hello together, I'm currently make a PoC with the 9800 controllers at the customer.

with a few hurdles, everything is going well so far.

I’ve seen, the feature LED flash blinking is not available on the 9800 or I dont find it?! an idea when will get available?

It is useful for quick troubleshootings and imageing/labeling of access Points, See attachment

8 Replies 8

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
What release are you running on the 9800? The 8.5 special TAC release or 8.9.x?
Maybe the other version contains it.
Reference: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/wireless-lan-controller-software/200046-tac-recommended-aireos.html

The Release Gibraltar-16.10.1e ED is currently running. 

I don't think that the version that you mean (8.x), works on the new cisco 9800 controller?

Sorry I forgot that it's not running WLC code but IOS XE code.

Can you try on the CLI the following:

config ap led-state flash 500 name-of-ap

This should blink the LED for 500 seconds for the selected AP.

If it doesn't work, open a TAC :) This is how to do it on the older WLCs. I don't have an 9800 for testing.

Manual: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/config-guide/b_wl_16_10_cg.pdf

this command is not available, all the most of commands in AirOS is in IOSXE not available..

so I think, it's not issued in this realease..
-> feature request :)

Jiri Brejcha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is now available on Catalyst 9800 controllers since IOS-XE release 17.3.1:

ap name Jiri-C9130 led flash start/stop

image.png

NWZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is it possible to do this from the 9800 webpage ? (rather than from its CLI). Thanks.

Not that I know of so far. 

hestonk1
Level 1
Level 1

I can confirm you can do this in the 17.9.x gui! But it definitely doesn't exist in 17.3.x

hestonk1_0-1669823151930.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card