Views
Helpful
Replies

Licencing EWC without internet

Torken
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I licenced my ewc (catalyst 9100AX) with Smart Software Manager with a token. It is possible to disconnect the administration network of the internet ? Will the licence work for ever or internet is needed to check periodically the token?

Thanks

J.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

1.  Smart Licenses use direct cloud access through the Cisco Smart Software Manager as the default method to send license information over the Internet. This method provides real-time visibility and management of your licenses, helping you optimize usage, lower operational costs and ensure compliance. Validation typically occurs every 30 days.

2.  If a device has not communicated(to CSSM) within 30 days, an alert will be sent notifying the user that the device has not been used. After 90 days with no communication, the license usage is released, however, the device itself will continue to run in an “Authorization Expired” state until the ID certificate is revoked, which is one year after the last communication. At this point, the product returns to evaluation mode under the terms of the particular product’s evaluation policy.

Regards

Dont forget to arte helpful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

1.  Smart Licenses use direct cloud access through the Cisco Smart Software Manager as the default method to send license information over the Internet. This method provides real-time visibility and management of your licenses, helping you optimize usage, lower operational costs and ensure compliance. Validation typically occurs every 30 days.

2.  If a device has not communicated(to CSSM) within 30 days, an alert will be sent notifying the user that the device has not been used. After 90 days with no communication, the license usage is released, however, the device itself will continue to run in an “Authorization Expired” state until the ID certificate is revoked, which is one year after the last communication. At this point, the product returns to evaluation mode under the terms of the particular product’s evaluation policy.

Regards

Dont forget to arte helpful posts

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I will configure my firewall to reduce threat in my network.

So i will :

- allow access to internet only on this url : https://tools.cisco.com/its/service/oddce/services/DDCEService 

- allow only https traffic

Am I right ?

yes..

also check the slide 26 on thins link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/m/ru_ua/events/2018/cisco-techtalks/Smart-Licensing-and-Smart-Accounts-June-2018-Alexander-Voytenkov.pdf

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: