Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

Lightweight AP cdp neighbor hostname display

Khalid El-Assal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

i am having a bit of an issue. I have a group of 1142N APs that are controlled by a 4404 controller. After joining the controller i configured those APs with a location, a static IP and a Hostname.

The problem that i am facing is when the i check one of the switches CDP neighbors where one of those APs is connected,  it is showing the hostname of the AP with the domain name of the WLC appended to it.,

Examples:

If the WLC domain is :                      .zain-equip.net

The AP hostname is configured as:   USAMDAP011

Then the switch cdp neighbor where that AP is connected will show as: USAMDAP011.zain-equip.net

While i only want the AP hostname (USAMDAP011) to show as the cdp neighbor hostname.

is there a specific command on the WLC that can prevent it from appending the domain name to the AP hostname?

please advise,

Thanks

2 RESPUESTAS 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
is there a specific command on the WLC that can prevent it from appending the domain name to the AP hostname?

Give it awhile.  The extension will disappear.

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Khalid,

Telnet/SSH in to the AP and verify if you are able to see some thing like ip domain name , is so try removing the domain name from the AP. If you are using static ip on AP use below syntax.

config ap static-ip {enable cisco_ap ip_address net_mask gateway |disable cisco_ap | add {domain {cisco_ap | all} domain_name} | {nameserver {cisco_ap | all} dns_ip_address} | delete {domain | nameserver} {cisco_ap | all}}

I'm not sure if this will work so try doing it only for one AP.

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!