Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Printer Access - Guest Auto Anchor

CB90021204
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a guest network setup utilising the Cisco auto anchor configuration. My Guest WLAN terminates on the Anchor controller.  The Guest WLAN is distributed accross numerous sites.  I now have a requirement to provide printer access for guests.

Are there any tricks to allowing Guest traffic to gain access to local network printers? I read about the OEAP Split Tunneling for local printers and was wondering if there is anyway of doing this with the auto anchor configuration?

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In auto-anchor mobility mode, a subset of a mobility group is specified as the anchor controllers for a WLAN. You can use this feature to restrict a WLAN to a single subnet, regardless of a client’s entry point into the network. Clients can then access a guest WLAN throughout an enterprise but still be restricted to a specific subnet. Auto-anchor mobility can also provide geographic load balancing because the WLANs can represent a particular section of a building (such as a lobby, a restaurant, and so on), effectively creating a set of home controllers for a WLAN

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_010010100.html

Hi Mohanak,

Thanks for your reponse. Would you mind adding an example of how this would work?

The printers will be on the local network, I need to avoid print traffic being routed through to the DMZ anchor controller as this will consume the WAN link.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: