Replies

Location Analytics on MSE not displaying

g.peart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have Prime 1.3, Virtual controller 7.4 and Virtual MSE 7.4

I can see clients in my Prime maps and also tracking in the Meridian App

but logging into MSE to view 2D and 3D information on my maps I see nothing at all.

The system has been running for 48hours, so should be more than enough time to collect data.

Any ideas, because it's very annoying and the documentation on Location awareness

is pretty woeful. Why make it so awkward Cisco ?

2 Replies 2

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

5.4 Viewing Location  Analytics in 3D

You can view  the results of location analytics in a three-dimensional (3D)  environment. The 3D view gives the user an improved understanding of  results, especially with multiple floor paths or when dwell times are  calculated throughout a multistory building. The 3D environment presents  the same information as the 2D version and is primarily for alternative  visualization. The 2D view is currently obtained by enforcing a  bird's-eye view in the interface control.

5.4.1  Configuring 3D

As of Cisco  MSE Release 7.4, location analytics supports 3D only for building  representations using WebGL. This advanced feature requires graphics  capabilities (later releases will introduce 2D views based on  OpenStreetMaps).

Not all  browsers support WebGL on all devices. Check devices and browsers by  following these setup suggestions:

Step 1. Test your  browser for suitability at http://get.webgl.org/.  If the test is successful, you should see a WebGL rotating cube. If the  test is not successful, you may be able to update your video driver.

• For  Chrome, see http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1220892.

• For  Firefox, choose Help >Troubleshooting Information and then scroll  down to Graphics and WebGL Renderer. Here you will see whether your  system can support WebGL, and if it cannot, what is recommended.

• Other  web browsers such as Maxthon have also been successful in running  WebGL.

Ideally, the  hardware should have a 3D graphics card to help ensure compatibly with  WebGL. Most current Macs have graphics cards sufficiently configured to  work with Safari. On PCs, the Chrome browser has been the most  successful.

5.4.2  Exploring Location Analytics 3D

Follow the  steps listed here to use Location Analytics 3D tools.

Step 1. Before exploring  location analytics 3D tools, be sure that your system meets these  criteria:

• The  location analytics feature is installed and configured.

•  Sufficient points and devices are present in the device and path  database.

• Zones  have been defined and overlays supplied.

Hi Saurav,

The section "Sufficient points and devices are present in the device and path database"

are these points on the map drawn from manual calibration of the area. ?

I did the following,

Created a Building, added a floor and imported a map

Scaled the map accordingly, and then defined a coverage area.

Placed access points within the coverage area and then wait for data to be collected.

One thing I didn't do, was connect to Prime via wireless and then calibrate using my laptop,

primarily because I wasn't sure how this worked.

And when connecting to the MSE web GUI, and setting rules for Analysis, the building was not displayed

in the drop-down box.

So question is, do I need to do a manual calibration, and what documentation shows how to do that.

Thanks again

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card