cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Location Appliance software on vmware?

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

Is there any way to run Location Appliance (2710) software on a virtual machine with a trial license for testing and/or educational purposes?

4 Replies 4

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Not unless the location sw is available under special file access from CCO.

Otherwise you will have to get the location appliance (cisco colored ibm server running redhat ES 4+location server)

I haven't toyed with it that much, but it would not be too hard to build a redhat vm and try to pull over the location sw from a location appliance; whether it works or not is another question! But that would require that you purchase the location appliance.

That's something I'd like to know too. If this appliance is like CUCM ones, there would be no need to pull the software from the appliance, just use the installation/recovery DVD!

You cannot install the location appliance software on a vmware server. There is a hardware check which will prevent operation in case you you try to start it up on any server other than the one acquired though Cisco.

--

Pushkar

yup yup ...no can do .. i looked into this over a year ago ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card