cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logging devices connected to autonomous access points

JASON SIMMONS
Level 2
Level 2

Is there a way to log the devices that connect to a particular SSID of an autonomous access point?  If yes, will you please show me a configuration example that will allow me to send that data to a logging server? If possible I will need to do this on 1250, 1240 and 1140 series access points.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Is there a way to log the devices that connect to a particular SSID of an autonomous access point?

Don't think this is possible.

If you have TACACS/RADIUS then you can see who (tries) to log in.

I suppose this all depends on "what" excatly you are wanting to log.  I haven't tried this, but you should be able to send SNMP traps to a remote SNMP receiver (client associations or failures, interfaces status, etc).  Take a look at the AP IOS Configuration Guide, see what you think, and whether or not the SNMP traps you can send are of value to you.  I have anchored this to the Configuring System Message Logging section: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4.25d.JA/Configuration/guide/scg12.4.25d.JA-chap21-msg-logging.html#wp1002608

If you are wanting to capture more granular information, such as session lengths, data traffic, internet usage, etc; for monitoring or reporting, that would probably require an appliance of a higher level.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card