Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Loss of Connectivity Through WLC 2504 & 1242AG AP

I have an issue with a loss of connectivity after 10-15 seconds. I have a Cisco WLC 2504 controlling a Cisco 1242AG AP. The following is the topology.

Wireless Client -> 1242AG (AP) -> Port 3 WLC 2504 -> Port 1 WLC 2504 goes to fa0/2 on 3560. Port fa0/1 goes to ASA5505 (Inside)

All devices are on VLAN 10 10.50.1.0/24. AP is getting DHCP just fine and is associating with the WLC just fine. I connect my laptop to it and it connects just fine.

I then ping the gateway (ASA) 10.50.1.1 or the layer 3 interface on the switch 10.50.1.7 and it is fine for about 10 seconds, then it just dies then comes back in a few minutes and then goes away again. I have looked for duplicate IP's and can find none in any arp table.

It I just ping the controller 10.50.1.20 it is completely stable. I have moved the WLC directly off the ASA5505, moved the switch port, changed cables and the problem follows. I have even moved the AP to be directly off the switch instead of the WLC and the problem still occurs. I have been planning with for about 4 hrs now and I asking for any ideas.

9 Replies 9

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hey there ..

You are testing this over the wireless ? Have you test this on the wired as well with the same results ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Yes I am testing this from the wireless, I do not have this problem on a wired connection.

Have you tested this more than one wireless device ?

Is there interference ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

This is interesting, the loss of connectivity is only happening on my Macbook, it is not happening on my wife's HP laptop running Windows7, so it is either something configured on my MAC that it doesn't like or something on the controller the Macbook doesnt like.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What security are you using. What Mac and os are you on ? Do you have aironet extensions on ?

I rebooted my MAC and all of sudden it started working. I am on OSX 10.7.5 and I do not know if "I have Aironet extentison on. Where would I look for that.

If its working after a reboot its not likely AE. Sounds like the Mac just needed a kick ...

But AE is under the WLAN ... Advance tab ...

I am on OSX 10.7.5

Is that Mountain Goat?  I mean Mountain Lion?

Craig how did you make out ?

Leo #NO LOVE FOR APPLE

__________________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: