Views
Helpful
Replies

Macintosh and WPA2 Enterprise

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I have a few Macs that I can only use WPA2 Personal with against a 1131. I setup the Accesspoint as the RADIUS server, but I see nothing in the log files. WPA2 Personal works fine, but I don't want to use Open authentication.

I set it up exactly as per Cisco's documentation.

Any help would be appreciated.

9 Replies 9

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

This is surely a configuration issue. Have a look at this document which explains how to configure the AP for WPA 2. Using this documentation reconfigure this setup and check if it works.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008054339e.shtml#pers

Thanks,

This IS the document I started with, set it up identical, no connections, nothing even in the log file. Switched to WPA2 Personal all macs worked fine. I thought it's probably configuration too, but after following the setup instructions, and troubleshooting, I'm not so sure.

I'll try to troubleshoot some more and post here the results.

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How's your Mac's "Internet Connect" set up?

The Macs have been setup manually for Wireless access through the Access-point (no DHCP), no proxy, etc.

The connection via WPA2 Personal works fine, I think it's just a problem using RADIUS.

I agree with yjdabear, you need to use "Internet Connect" to do the RADIUS part of the configuration.

Matthias,

Maybe you could tell me where I can find the setup for Radius in Internet Connect? I set it up as per the document but remember I am using the Mac utilities for the Airport, not the Cisco client.

If you can show or tell me the exact Mac config that differs at all from that Cisco document, that would be great.

Cheers

I don't know if you still need this, but if you open internet connect and then go to File -> New 802.1x connection, then it will give a place to set it up. Let me know if you need any other help.

I have attatched images to show the setting it will as you for.

Thanks,

I will give it another try...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card