Views
Helpful
Replies

Making 2 physical ports of controller in the same VLAN

yuvaraj02
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I am using wireless Controller Cisco.  After I create any VLAN in the interface, in the port number I can provide only one physical port number.  Is there anyway I can include more than 1 port for the same VLAN.

Please help me in this.

Thanks

uv.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Put all ports in a LAG.

Tim Y
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you post a screenshot of your interface configuration please? One with no VLAN set, and one with a VLAN set and showing that you're disallowed from configuring a backup port.

Setting a VLAN on the interface should not prevent you from doing so.

Regards,

Tim

hi Tim,  Attached are the screenshots.

So here is my thoughts on this. If you create an interface and you want more than one port to be used, the controller will only allow you a max of two ports. You would have to configure a primary and a backup.  If you want to have more than two or if you want to load balance between the ports, then you need to setup LAG.  LAG is what the majority would use, except when they have one controller and wants to use one port that connects to the DMZ for Internet only and they don't want to span the vlan from their core to the DMZ.

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

hi Scott,

I couldnot find the LAG option. Attached is the screenshot.  Do you think it is because of old firmware.

Incase, we enable LAG, the other side of WLC, do we have to keep another cisco switch? Will it be possible to enable LAG in few ports of WLC and connect APs to the ports?

Thanks

uv

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: