Views
Helpful
Replies

MAP not connecting to RAP

richard.priest
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 2504 with x3 AP's connected, x2 are 2700 series and as I understand it support mesh, so wanted to configure them to improve WiFi coverage in a spot I can't get wired connections in.

I have configured both the RAP and the MAP as such both with the same bridgegroup name, however whilst the RAP will associate with the controller fine when physically connected to the network, it will not register when connecting over WiFi.

I've added the radio mac addresses into the controller to eliminate mac security.

Can anyone advise on how best to diagnose why it's not connecting? I don't know enough about the wifi side and would appreciate pointers to help me learn

Many thanks

Richard

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
For indoor type access point, you need to add the Ethernet MAC address. Also test when the rap and map are close to each other before mounting. This will help later to validate everything is working when close to each other and can help you understand if the backhaul link is not good enough.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

The ethernet Mac is already added, I can join the controller fine when physically connected. 

The APs are basically next to each other until I can get the RAP to connect, so I don't think signal strength is the issue.

Many thanks

Richard

Well as long as you prepared everything like BGN, Mac filter backhaul channel, it should connect once you disconnect the network and use a power adapter.
-Scott

Should do, doesn't though :(

Are there any recommended debugs I can do to figure out what the issue is?

Cheers

What I can say is follow this guide step by step. It’s an old guide but should go over what you need.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-mesh/111451-indoor-mesh-deploy-guide-00.html#macaddress
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card