cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mass failure with Air-lap1131's / POE

krismoa13
Level 1
Level 1

We had several AIR-LAP1131AG-N-K9 devices have a peculiar failure recently.

About 10 total units failed in groups of 2-4. Each group was on the same 3560 switch, and they failed at the same time.

Now all but one of the units will power and work properly with an inline power injector. But they are either intermittent or not at all when connected to the POE Switch. Even when I use a 3ft patch cable to connect directly to the switch. I have certified the cable and they do the same no matter which port or cable used.

'show inline power' command will show these failed units as 'Iee PD'

One unit I have back up and placed in operation, and one has failed completely. But what about the other 8?

Any Ideas?

3 Replies 3

krismoa13
Level 1
Level 1

Also - 'show power inline' shows the failed devices taking 15.4 watts instead of the 12.2 of the units that work

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Kris,

As per your query i can suggest you the following-

The minimum system requirement for Cisco Aironet 1130AG access points is-

Browser- Using the Web browser management GUI, requires a computer running Internet Explorer Version 6.0 or newer, or Netscape Navigator Version 7.0 or newer.

Power over Ethernet (PoE)- Power sourcing equipment (PSE) compliant with Cisco Inline Power or IEEE 802.3af, and providing at least 12.2W at 48 VDC.

For more information refer to the link-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps6087/product_data_sheet0900aecd801b9058.html

Hope this will help.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Exactly what model of 3560 is this?

Do you have a Cisco switch with GigabitEthernet for testing? (non-PoE doesn't make any difference as I will be asking you to do some tests)?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card