Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate configuration from Cisco WLC 9800CL to Cisco 9800-40

Cheah Lit Thor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I will like to know if possible to migrate the configuration from Cisco WLC 9800 CL virtual version to WLC 9800-40 Physical unit with just download the CL version configuration and upload to the 9800-40 physical unit?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The networking interfaces will probably have different names and or are now physical interfaces. Addresses such as management access must be set accordingly.  Besides that you could try a 'dumb transfer'  and , for instance, on the physical controller use (CLI) show tech wireless , you can have that output analyzed with : https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessAnalyzer/ , take care of any errors reported and also subsequent advisories.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The networking interfaces will probably have different names and or are now physical interfaces. Addresses such as management access must be set accordingly.  Besides that you could try a 'dumb transfer'  and , for instance, on the physical controller use (CLI) show tech wireless , you can have that output analyzed with : https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessAnalyzer/ , take care of any errors reported and also subsequent advisories.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi Marce1000,

Thanks for advise i think i will go for fresh configuration with existing vWLC GUI side by side for safe.

Thanks

- Good plan, remember to execute the 'sanity check' when near-finished as I explained in my first reply.

M.

Noted and thanks for advise.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card