Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating ACS 4.0 in windows server to ACS 5.4 VmWare

sankarccie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 2 separate ACS 4.0 servers installed on windows 2003 server(2 separate location)

Both these servers are Integrated with Cisco WLSE and Corporate AD.

Now, we are planning for Migrating to ACS 5.4 on VmWare ESXi 5.1. And need to Integrated with Cisco WLSE and Corporate AD.

How can we do this activity?

Can we import the datas from 2 x ACS 4.0 server to this new Single ACS 5.4 vmware server?

Regards

Sankar

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sankar,

Please reference this link for the migration process:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.4/user/guide/migrate.html

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

Good to hear!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sankar,

Please reference this link for the migration process:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.4/user/guide/migrate.html

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for you valuable reply... In this document its mention that ACS 5.4 supports migration from the following ACS 4.x versions:

•ACS 4.1.1.24 

•ACS 4.1.4 

•ACS 4.2.0.124 

•ACS 4.2.1

But, we are having 4.0 servers on windows 2003, and we don't have plan to disturb the existing servers, is any other option to migrate the configuration file from 4.0 to 5.3 or 5.4???

Is there any Manual migration option available??

Regards,

Sankar V

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a manual toward s the bottom of the doc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.4/sdk/cli_imp_exp.html#wp1064565

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Yes, I gone through that, but have few doubts in that..

• In my case, users are external AD so, no need to migration right??
  • Only the network devices, policies, location, identity stores, command set and shell are to be migrated right?
  • Its mention that, template format will differ from 4.0 and 5.4, so what could be the challenges we will be facing during the manual converting the import.csv file??  Are there any case studies on this?

Regards,

Sankar

Hi Sankar,

I will have to proceed in the same actions as the one you did, upgrading an ACS serveur running on Windows (in version 4.2.0.124) to an ESX VM one in version 5.5. Did you write a document detailing the phases and actions you realized ? If yes, I would be interesting getting and reading it.

Thanks a lot for your help ... Best regards Régis

Hi Regis,

ACS 4.0 to 5.x direct migration is not possible.. What is the role of current ACS 4.0?

if it is used for devices AAA only, then manual migration is possible...

Rgds,

Sankar

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is tough to say. 4.x and 5.x are very different. I would not know what might import well and what might not. You would just have to try it. If you have VM, take a snapshot and then try to import. I'm guessing not everything will migrate over anyways.

-Scott

Hi Scott,

The Migration compleleted sucessfully..:) Thanks for your support ...

Regards,

Sankar V

Good to hear!

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: