Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration from Autonomous to LWAPP with WCS & wism

gauthrayj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I try to upgrade 400 autonomous APs  (1231G) to LWAPP. I am using WCS 6.0.132, I configured a mobility group with 2 WISM (sp I get 4WLC in the group)  and I get differents problems.

1. WCS adds the SSC hash only in the first controller, is it possible to copy it to other controller automatically (i.e. : without any action from our side)?
  2. Even if I select the option "retain hostname", it does not retain the hostname, just the static IP address and I want to retain both ( I don't want to configure manually 400APs hostname !!) Autonomous AP are running 12.3(7)JA3 IOS so it should work fine.

Does anyone could help me ?

Thank you  !!

Regards

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

WCS adds the SSC hash only in the first controller, is it possible to copy it to other controller automatically (i.e. : without any action from our side)?

There is no automagic way of doing this, there has to be some interaction to get the SSC on all the WLC.  On a high note, you can use WCS to do this.  Do a refresh config from the WLC that has the hashes, delete option, then you can push the hashes to the other WLC(s) in the network.

Even if I select the option "retain hostname", it does not retain the hostname, just the static IP address and I want to retain both ( I don't want to configure manually 400APs hostname !!) Autonomous AP are running 12.3(7)JA3 IOS so it should work fine.

This may be worth opening a case against the WCS.  Sounds like a bug in the how the WCS is doing the conversion

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks for the answers, it was what I thought, so I decided to "break" the mobility group during the migration (400+ AP to migrate) then copy the SSC with WCS.

I also opened a case against the WCS, we found a workaround : add  "IOS_STATIC_HOSTNAME" field to the "env_vars" file on the autonomous access point and then it keeps the hostname and IP address during the conversion.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: