Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility and One Way Audio

CKluck001
Level 1
Level 1

I have a very odd problem that is happening to my Vocera Badges

I have a 5508 8.5.152.102  and 9800 (16.12.2), when I enable mobility the audio randomly begins to be 1 way between our badges. Happens on both old and new access points. If I disable the mobility everything goes back to being happy. 

Talked with TAC and seamed a little lost, any people ran into this issue before?

8 Replies 8

Hi

I´m assuming that the 1 way audio happen when one device roaming from one WLC to another, right?  As you are mentioning mobility group. 

The idea of moblity group is permit roaming between two wlc while keeping the same network information. You could provide a bit more information about your environment. 1 way audio historicaly happen when RTP traffic does not flow in one direction and this can happen due firewall, ACL ou NAT. Perhaps a bit more information about your topology can make it easier to identify.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Well funny thing it happens always happen when i don't roam its really really random. No firewall, ACL,or Nat just straight vlan to vlan. 

Today talking with a user, with mobilty off she wasn't able to hear me. It really sounds like a 9800 problem, but i don't know how or where to look. 

Another thing I would like to add: Cisco used to recommend to AVOID inter-controller roaming.

Yeah I know, trying to make it work or atleast a work around.

So dumb question with all my funky arp issue, would there be issue if my 5508 controller plugged into a access switch 3850 that is lanbase and not ipbase?

The licensing of the switch is not relevant to this issue.

Ok, if it happens if you don't roam at all, do you maybe have some policies or AVC configured?
You might also want to consider upgrading the 9800 to 16.12.3, it fixes some weird WPA3 issues and more:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/16-12/release-notes/rn-16-12x-9800.html#id_132799

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I read about a Bug that talks about one-way voice when roaming between AireOS and IOS-XE.
Unfortunately, I cannot find the Bug ID.
(And not helpful when the 5508 is running an "special engineering" release.)

-hope this helps-
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card