Helpful
Replies

Mobility Express and AP AUX ports

Spangsberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

In my home lab I used to have a 2504 WLC and a few 2702i AP´s 

On some of the AP´s I use the AUX port to link an additional host, and with the 2504 WLC that worked great.

Now I got me a 1832I running as Mobility Express master instead of the 2504, but now the hosts connected to the 2702´s AUX ports has no connectivity (Link yes, but no IP connectivity)

What do I do to get the AUX ports on my 2702i AP´s online? I can´t find anything in the controller web interface or SSH shell (Also not in advanced mode)

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think the issue is that the AUX port needs to get bridged back to the controller and ME is typically Flex.  I would also keep the 2504 than use Mobility Express as its so much better and stable.  You would just need to get an image that supports the 2702 and your existing ap's if you still want to use them.  

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think the issue is that the AUX port needs to get bridged back to the controller and ME is typically Flex.  I would also keep the 2504 and not use Mobility Express as its so much better and stable.  You would just need to get an image that supports the 2702 and your existing ap's if you still want to use them.  

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card