Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Express and different regulatory domains

Have mixed Mobility Express environment with access points AP 1852 produced for -I and -E regulatory domains. All the APs have joined the controller.

If a master AP has the option "Country" in "controller" setting for -I domain, all -I access points work well but -E access points have only 2.4 GHz band enabled, that is 5 GHz disabled and no way to enable 5 GHz

If a master AP has the option "Country" in "controller" setting for -E domain, all -E access points work well but -I access points have only 2.4 GHz band enabled, that is 5 GHz disabled  and no way to enable 5 GHz. In shot, the behavior is opposite.

Is there the way to make Mobility Express controller work in both bands for EVERY access point?

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Running multiple country codes......is not a good idea.

If you have multiple regulatory domain APs...... then Only common channels will be allowed. Power will also be curtailed to the most common one.

Every AP with a different country code have different permissible level of power and a regulatory authority . So in case you wanna mix the AP with different codes, it will choose the ones with lower power level 

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Your point is right. According to the datasheet and xlsx-file (power and channels) for 1852 aps models have indeed common channels in 5 GHz:

However, if -I APs work well in 5 GHz, -E APs don't and vice versa. There is no simultaneous functioning among all the APs in the 5 Ghz band. Furthermore, we can't see any Radio interface settings for 5 Ghz band in this case.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card