Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Express AP as a fat ap?

If a AP that is ME image,whether it can be a Fat AP,and broadcast SSID service clients?

I think that ME AP can be WLC,also can be LAP.As a WLC,it is a Master AP,and must with Subordinate AP service clients,if it as a LAP,it will register a WLC.So,only one ME AP cannot be service client,right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !
4 Replies 4

Hi

ME is the new standalone AP. So, they will serve clients don't matter in which situation.

If the are subordinate and you don't have an master, they will be just as an standalone AP.

If you have a Master you can benefit from a centralised management.

That's it.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Sorry! Excuse me, for example, AP3802I, can it be used as fat AP when its image is ME? If you can, why not release the SSID, and its CLI is Controller, this case, it can provide a separate client service?

Let's focus on the main idea of ME. ME replaced the so called Autonomous AP.

Based on that, all ME AP must serve clients just like Autonomous did.

The idea of Master AP working as a WLC is a plus Cisco provided on this new platform. But, by no means this can be a ''must have". Otherwise you could just by an 2504 WLC and done!

So, all AP with Mobility express image must serve clients AND Cisco choose some model to act as Master and thus provide some centralised management and redundancy.

Hope that helped.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Is there any configuration on ME AP as Auto AP?
Thank you
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card