cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Express Internal DHCP

Translator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let me ask a question about AIR-AP3802E-Q-K9's Mobility Express.

Currently, I am using a fixed IP address for the wired LAN side, I would like to set it up so that the internal DHCP addresses are distributed to wireless only, and separated so that they are not distributed to wired LAN.
When the "Management Network" option in the DHCP pool is enabled, IP addresses from the internal DHCP are indiscriminately distributed to both wired and wireless networks. How should I proceed to avoid this?

Thank you very much.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Review this documentation : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/mobility-express/210531-Mobility-Express-Internal-DHCP.html
                                         (DHCP pools can be organized per vlan id)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Further to @marce1000 's reply I think the only way to do that will be to put them in different VLANs and only have the DHCP server configured for the wireless client vlan.

Translator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you very much.
First, configure the DHCP pool without using the management network.
There are many devices on the wired side that do not support VLANs, and VLANs are not being considered, so we will try to fix them in the future.
Thank you very much.

The end user devices don't need to support VLANs at all - only the switches they connect to.  If you're using unmanaged switches which cannot support VLANs then you should upgrade them to managed switches which support VLANs.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card