Replies

Mobility group two WLCs clusters of different iOS

ayakoleb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

I have On site a cluster of WLC 5508+HA

and it works with iOS 8.5.161

now I have another new cluster of WLC 3504+HA of iOS 8.10 and need to do mobility group between both clusters

I read that we can do mobility group of different IOS but will have some limitation for L3 and L2 client roaming? Also if controller fails and other controller in different IOS that will make clients 
Disconnect 

Regarding controller failover ... there’s already HA controller of same model and iOS for each cluster 

my question is related to the limitation of L2 & L3 for roaming?

what is that limitation?!

3 Replies 3

You should be good with creating mobility peering between those WLCs. It is generally recommended code version be relatively close rather you mix too old & new software versions in the same mobility group. Since 8.5.x and 8.10.x are two long live codes, I do not expect you to have any issues.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Thanks Rasika

However I still wounder what 's Limiation for L2 and L3 roaming ?

One issue I had (long in the past) was that if you had DHCP Required enabled on the SSID the roaming sometimes didn't work between the controllers. Disabling that helped me. But that was quite a while ago (I think still on 7.x code, or very early 8.x). 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: