cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mounting plates for 1242 series do not fit with APs

johnruffing
Level 4
Level 4

We have had a serious problem getting 1242 access points and mounting plates to fit together.

The only workaround we have been able to come up with is to slightly re-bend each tab on the mounting plate so that it will fit into the slot.

I do not know if we simply had a "bad" batch of APs or if this is going to be a chronic problem.

I believe that the approx. APs manufacture date is in the Spring 2006 timeframe.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cisco: if you are monitoring this thread, are you aware of this and, more importantly, has this problem been resolved?

Thanks,

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

This is a known issue, and the good news is that there is a free upgrade program in place. Have a look :)

Field Notice: FN - 62349 - Aironet 1240 AG Access Point Mounting Bracket

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6521/products_field_notice09186a0080628d1e.shtml

Hope this helps! Take care.

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

This is a known issue, and the good news is that there is a free upgrade program in place. Have a look :)

Field Notice: FN - 62349 - Aironet 1240 AG Access Point Mounting Bracket

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6521/products_field_notice09186a0080628d1e.shtml

Hope this helps! Take care.

Rob

Thanks for the help, Rob!

Another 5.0 for that answer.

- John

Thanks John!

It's always something weird isn't it!

Take care,

Rob

I usually do a little surgery to get the access points attached. I bend the tabs out slightly and I use a screwdriver in the slot to attach the plate before mounting the plate to a solid surface. Once I'm sure that I can get the plate mounted to the AP I attach the AP to the surface.

The older plates on the 1200s seemed easier to use, but I will say that once you get the 1240's attached to the plate, they are very unlikely to detatch.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card