Helpful
Replies

MSE 8.0 Tag Location HIstory

andy.julius1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Need all your expertise on MSE 8.0 

I have enabled Tracking & History parameter for Asset Tags (even set config rfid status enable in WLC)

I still could not pull any location history for our tags (only tag real time location)

Tried to send Emergency / Chokepoint as well but no avail.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Andy Julius

4 Replies 4

Julius, have you performed the following ? 

Configuring Tracking Parameters for a Mobility Services Engine

To configure tracking parameters for a mobility services engine, follow these steps:

Step 1   Launch the MSE admin UI.
    Step 2   Click the Configuration icon on the top right of the home page.
    Step 3   Choose Context Aware Service > Tracking to display the configuration options.
    Step 4   Modify the tracking parameters as appropriate. The following table lists the tracking parameters.
    Table 2 Tracking Parameters

Field

Configuration Options

Tracking Parameters

Wired Clients

1. Select the Enable check box to enable tracking of client stations by the mobility services engine.

In Release 7.0, the client license encompasses all network location service elements and is shared among wireless clients, wired clients, rogue clients, access points, and interferers.

The wired client limiting is supported from mobility services engine 7.0 and Prime Infrastructure Release 7.0 and later. In other words, you can limit wired clients to a fixed number such as 500. This limit is set to ensure that the licenses are not taken up completely by wired clients and some licenses are available for wireless clients.

Caution   

When upgrading the mobility services engine from Release 6.0, if any limits have been set on wireless clients or rogues, they are reset because of the wired client limit change in Release 7.0.

Note   

Active Value (display only): Indicates the number of wired client stations currently being tracked.

Note   

Not Tracked (display only): Indicates the number of wired client stations beyond the limit.

Wireless Clients

1. Select the Enable check box to enable tracking of client stations by the mobility services engine.

2. Select the Enable Limiting check box to set a limit on the number of client stations to track.

3. Enter a Limit Value if limiting is enabled. The limit entered can be any positive value up to 18,000 which is the maximum number of clients that can be tracked by a mobility services engine.

Note   

Active Value (Display only): Indicates the number of client stations currently being tracked.

Note   

Not Tracked (Display only): Indicates the number of client stations beyond the limit.

Rogue Access Points

1. Select the Enable check box to enable tracking of rogue access points by the mobility services engine.

2. Select the Enable Limiting check box to set a limit on the number of rogue access points to track.

3. Enter a Limit Value if limiting is enabled. The limit entered can be any positive value up to18,000 which is the maximum number of rogue access points that can be tracked by a mobility services engine.

Note   

Active Value (Display only): Indicates the number of rogue access points currently being tracked.

Note   

Not Tracked (Display only): Indicates the number of rogue access points beyond the limit.

Exclude Ad-Hoc Rogues

Select the check box to turn off the tracking and reporting of ad hoc rogues in the network. As a result, ad hoc rogues are not displayed on Prime Infrastructure maps or its events and alarms reported.

Rogue Clients

1. Select the Enable check box to enable tracking of rogue clients by the mobility services engine.

2. Select the Enable Limiting check box to set a limit on the number of rogue clients to track.

3. Enter a Limit Value if limiting is enabled. The limit entered can be any positive value. This limit varies based on the platform. The limit value is the maximum number of rogue clients that can be tracked by a mobility services engine.

Note   

Active Value (Display only): Indicates the number of rogue clients being tracked.

Note   

Not Tracked (Display only): Indicates the number of rogue clients beyond the limit.

Interferers

1. Select the Enable check box to enable tracking of the interferers by the mobility services engine.

2. Select the Enable Limiting check box to set a limit on the number of interferers to track.

3. Enter a Limit Value if limiting is enabled.

In Release 7.0, the client license encompasses all network location service elements and is shared among wireless clients, wired clients, rogue clients, access points, and interferers.

In Release 7.0.200.x, the client license encompasses all network location service elements and is shared among wireless clients, wired clients, rogue clients, access points, interferers, and guests.

Note   

Active Value (Display only): Indicates the number of interferers currently being tracked.

Note   

Not Tracked (Display only): Indicates the number of interferers beyond the limit.

Active RFID Tags

Select the Enable check box to enable tracking of active RFID tags by the mobility services engine.

Note   

The actual number of tracked active RFID tags is determined by the license purchased.

Note   

Active Value (Display only): Indicates the number of active RFID tags currently being tracked.

Note   

Not Tracked (Display only): Indicates the number of active RFID tags beyond the limit.

Step 5   Click Save to store the new settings in the mobility services engine database.

This guide also explains how to configure your history parameters as well as how to enable and configure location presence. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/mse/8-0/MSE_CMX/8_0_MSE_CAS/configuring_mse___system_settings_and_services.html

HTH, 

William Kuczmera 

Hi William,

Thanks for your great help. But unfortunately, we have applied it already for both on Tracking parameters & History parameters. We even specifically enable just Asset Tags checkbox (disabling all)

We are able to retrieve real time TAG location but not TAG location history. (When we enabled Client Station for both Tracking/History, we were able to retrieve both real time CLIENT location and CLIENT location history)

We even tried "config rfid status enable" command in WLC

Any other idea?

Btw, would license causing MSE/PI/WLC to not saving the location history?

Thanks,

Andy Julius

Andy, I wish I had a solution or answer for you, but I don't.  I just wanted to add that I'm seeing the same problem with my Aeroscout tags.  I can see their current location but when I look at the history I'm met with "No location history found for the Tag".  For what it's worth, I'm running  version 8.0.140.0 on a virtual MSE HA pair.

Hi Ryan,

I just managed to get tag location history. The method I tried is disable the tag detection in WLC first by sending CLI command: "config rfid status disable" and then re-enabled it "config rfid status enable"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card